Are the legal aspects of your health coaching business causing you a ton of stress? Are you wondering if you’re properly protected? Are you worried you don’t have all the legal documents you need?
In this podcast episode we’re talking about all kinds of legal matters for your business — and I know this isn’t always the sexiest of subjects but what’s even less sexy is the STRESS so many of you feel around the legal aspects of your business.
Because let’s face it, this is absolutely necessary, so it’s no good trying to ignore it and not educating yourself.
I’ve got a guest with me who you’re absolutely going to love because he really puts the fun into this whole subject, and you’re really going to love his approach.
Even better, he breaks things down into a set of non-intimidating steps and practices, which makes everything so much easier.
Cory Sterling is a terrific guy who happens to be a lawyer and a yoga teacher (and the author of The Yoga Law Book)!
The law firm Cory founded, called Conscious Counsel, was awarded #1 Most Innovative Fitness and Wellness Law Firm of 2021.
Cory set up his firm specifically to support entrepreneurs in the health and wellness space —people just like you — and how awesome is that? He has really done this incredible job of blending his passions to serve a very specific niche, and as soon as I came across him, I knew he was the perfect person to bring on the show to talk to you.
I had a lot of fun talking with Cory, not to mention getting a ton of very useful information from him … and I think you’re going to love listening in to our conversation.
Here’s where you can listen in:
Here are some of the things Cory and I discuss during our conversation:
- Simple tips for protecting yourself and your business when you’re practicing virtually
- Exactly why you need to attend to the legal matters in your business as a health & wellness practitioner
- The #1 thing health coaches need in their waiver to ensure they’re protected
- The legal considerations when you’re pivoting to coaching from a licensed healthcare profession
- How the legal landscape has changed in the wellness world
- The meaning of waivers, liability, and so much more!
After listening to our conversation, I’d love to know your thoughts.
Are there legal pieces you still need to get in place? Where are you going to start?
Let me know by finding me on Instagram and DM me or tag me in your stories!
Where To Connect With Cory Sterling:
Other Resources & Useful Links:
- My free class: How To Build A 6-Figure Health Coaching Business Using One Signature Program
- My complete Done-For-You 90-day coaching program: The Vibrant Woman Project
- Kim on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/drkimfoster/
- 3 Ways To Get New Clients (my free PDF guide): drkimfoster.com/getnewclients
How To Build A 6-Figure Health Coaching Business Using One Signature Program
The 3 behind-the-scenes secrets to financial freedom … without exhaustion, burnout, or being a slave to social media.
- discover the exact blueprint to having the impact & life you desire
- learn the single biggest mistake new health & wellness coaches make (and what to do instead)
- find out how to design a signature program, step by step (including how to price your offer — yes, I give you real numbers!)
Subscribe to my Podcast: