So you want to become a health and wellness coach, but you’re not sure what the best training and certification is. No worries — you’re in the right place!
In this podcast episode, I share the truth about health and wellness coach training programs, and I walk you through a list of the top things to consider when choosing the right health or wellness coaching program for you, and for the career you want to create.
This is a question I receive all the time.
I know that many people in my community have already done some coach training, but others are still in the thinking-about-it stage, where they’re exploring the possibilities of this career.
So whatever is true for you — whether you’re searching for the right training and certification program to take, or whether you ‘ve already done some kind of training, and maybe you’re wondering if there’s something more you should do, to take your skills to the next level, you’re definitely going to want to tune in to this episode, because I’m going to talk about this in detail.
Here’s where you can listen in:
How To Choose The Best Health Coach Training Program For You
So if you’re new to me, then welcome! My name is Kim Foster and I’m a business mentor for health and wellness coaches. I’m an MD-turned-coach, and I have been functioning in the health and wellness world for over 2 decades, from both sides of this industry — the healthcare world, and the wellness & coaching world.
And the reason I mention this is to explain why you might want to take my advice on this. The point is, I’ve been immersed in health and wellness for my entire professional career (really my entire adult life) so I feel confident claiming some authority when it comes to this industry.
I’ve also seen the inside of most of the big training programs out there, either I took them myself as I was moving out of medicine and into coaching, or I test-drove them as I was building my own training program. Or (perhaps the biggest source of intel that I have on this) many of my own clients, who are coaches themselves, have given me their insider thoughts on the program they took.
I’ve been working for several years as a business coach and mentor, and I’ve had many indepth conversations with people about the training that they received, what they liked about the program they took and what they felt was missing. I’ve heard it all, and I’ve had private clients from pretty much all the major programs out there. So I have an intimate knowledge of what each program contains and doesn’t contain.
I’m sharing all this with you so you understand where I’m coming from, and how I have gathered my data on this topic.
In this episode, here are some of the things I cover…
- what really matters when it comes to creating a successful health and wellness coaching business.
- How to choose the right program for your needs
- Some of the distinguishing factors between the various programs
- How to decide what’s the most important for your career
- Which factors don’t matter as much
…and much more!
If you’re looking for a health coach training program, but you’re not sure which direction to take … then this episode is definitely for you.
After you listen, I’d love to hear from you on this!
I would love to hear from you, let me know which coach training program you’re considering, what questions you have about them, and let’s have a conversation!
I’m excited for you to dive into health and wellness coaching, I happen to believe it’s the best career that out there, and I’m excited for you to get started on your journey.
Let me know in the comments below, or find me on Instagram and DM me or tag me in your stories!
Resources & Useful Links:
- Wellness Coaching Career Guide (my free PDF guide for aspiring health & wellness coaches)
- Wellness Coach Academy (my 6-month wellness coach training & certification program)
- The 4-Part Formula For Replacing Your 9-5 Income With A Coaching Business You Love (my free training)
- Health Coach Squad (my free Facebook Group)
- The best platform for your coaching practice: Practice Better
- The landing page program I recommend: Leadpages
- The email marketing system I recommend: ConvertKit
- 3 Ways To Get New Clients (my free guide): drkimfoster.com/getnewclients
N.B. some links are affiliate links.
Subscribe to my Podcast: